SubjectRe: 2 PROBLEMs: mkinitrd fails during make install (2.6.1) + first network connect fails after boot (2.6.1)
Randy.Dunlap wrote:
> On Sun, 08 Feb 2004 14:16:17 -0500 Matthew Caron <matt@mattcaron.net> wrote:
>
> | PROBLEM 1:
> |
> | 1. Summary:
> | mkinitrd fails during make install (2.6.1)

> | mkinitrd fails with error:
> |
> | No module 3w-xxxx found for kernel 2.6.1
> | mkinitrd failed
> | make[1]: *** [install] Error 1
> | make: *** [install] Error 2
> |
> | config command was: 'make xconfig'
> | build command was: 'make clean modules_install install'
>
> What version of mkinitrd? Please send output from 'mkinitrd --version'.
> Latest version seems to be 3.5.18.

mkinitrd: version 3.5.14

Bear in mind, this works on another machine running the same version of
mkinitrd.

> [snipped]
>

> Wow, I almost missed prob. 2. Probably better as separate postings.

I thought about that, but decided to post them together, since each bug
references the other - each bug only occurs on that machine, not another
one with similar configuration.

> | PROBLEM 2:
> |
> | 1. Summary:
> | first network connect fails after boot

> | The first connection to any host on any port fails after boot/reboot.
> | Subsequent connects work fine. Typical errors are:
> |
> | ssh: connect to host foobar port 22: Resource temporarily unavailable
> |
> | Firebird reports "Document Contains No Data"

<snipped>

--
Freedom to learn, freedom to share,
freedom to change, freedom to improve.