SubjectRe: [ANNOUNCE] new driver for teletext decoder SAA5246A
From
> Yup.  I was suggesting remmoval of the `inline' keyword, rather than
> actually moving the bodies of those functions into the caller.
>
> I've previously seen significant code size reductions by _not_ inlining
> large functions which had a single call site - just leave them as normal
> out-of-line functions. So it worth experimenting with - pretty simple to
> do. But if you're using a recent gcc it's probably inlining the function
> even when it's not marked inline. Whatever.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I now tested code size with and without
the inline keyword. It's as you said: In some cases code size increases
in some cases it stays the same, in some cases size decreases. I removed
2 inline statements, this reduced the code size by 34 bytes. It's really
worth experimenting with the inline keyword.

The newly updated patch is located at
http://www.michaelgeng.de/linux/saa5246a-rev2-2.6.3.patch

> > If you want to add the patch, how about the following changelog:
> >
> > [V4L]: Added new driver for Teletext decoder SAA5246A from Philips

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:01    [W:0.048 / U:0.080 seconds]