SubjectRe: Split kgdb into "lite" and "normal" parts
Hi!

> > I'll try to import kgdb into quilt to make working with it
> > easier. [But don't expect miracles.]
>
> Just let us know what it takes to do so. :)

This is what I did to get it under quilt. (Then, patches directory
should be put under CVS and replace what we have in the CVS now).

root@amd:/usr/src# cp -a clean.2.5/ linux-mm
root@amd:/usr/src/linux-mm# exit
pavel@amd:/usr/src$ cd linux-mm
pavel@amd:/usr/src/linux-mm$ mkdir patches
pavel@amd:/usr/src/linux-mm$ mkdir txt
pavel@amd:/usr/src/linux-mm$ mkdir .pc
pavel@amd:/usr/src/linux-mm$ quilt import -n core-lite ~/sf/kgdb-2/core-lite.patch
Importing patch core-lite (stored as patches/core-lite)
pavel@amd:/usr/src/linux-mm$ quilt import -n i386-lite ~/sf/kgdb-2/i386-lite.patch
Importing patch i386-lite (stored as patches/i386-lite)
pavel@amd:/usr/src/linux-mm$ quilt import -n 8250 ~/sf/kgdb-2/8250.patch
Importing patch 8250 (stored as patches/8250)
pavel@amd:/usr/src/linux-mm$ quilt import -n x86_64 ~/sf/kgdb-2/x86_64.patch
Importing patch x86_64 (stored as patches/x86_64)
pavel@amd:/usr/src/linux-mm$ quilt import -n ppc ~/sf/kgdb-2/ppc.patch
Importing patch ppc (stored as patches/ppc)
pavel@amd:/usr/src/linux-mm$ quilt import -n core ~/sf/kgdb-2/core.patch
Importing patch core (stored as patches/core)
pavel@amd:/usr/src/linux-mm$ quilt import -n i386 ~/sf/kgdb-2/i386.patch
Importing patch i386 (stored as patches/i386)
pavel@amd:/usr/src/linux-mm$ quilt import -n eth ~/sf/kgdb-2/eth.patch
Importing patch eth (stored as patches/eth)
pavel@amd:/usr/src/linux-mm$

At this point project is controlled with quilt. If I do

pavel@amd:/usr/src/linux-mm$ quilt push 5
Applying eth

It applies all -lite patches and non-conflicting patches. I can modify
them as I wish. At the end I need to do quilt refresh <whatever patch
I changed>.

If I wanted my changes to go into the non-lite version, instead, I'd
have to begin with quilt push 7.

> > > - All of the function pointer games (of which the weak symbols, but not
> > > all of them) are a part of.
> > > - kgdb_schedule/process_breakpoint, required for kgdboe, harmless to use
> > > on serial.
> >

> > > There's still a lot of stuff I checked into linux-2.6-kgdb that's
> > > non-trivially important
> > > (http://ppc.bkbits.net:8080/linux-2.6-kgdb/ChangeSet@-4w?nav=index.html)
> >
> > Hmm, I'm not allowed to use bt :-(.
>
> You can look at it all via the web 'tho. There's nothing to agree to,
> to view the web page :)

Well, I took a look at the web page, but could not find all the
kgdb-related changes easily...
Pavel
[Johanka's followup: and *two* hearts?]