SubjectRe: Split kgdb into "lite" and "normal" parts
Hi!

> > > There's still a whole bunch of bogons in the -lite patch still, so I
> > > don't think it should be merged yet.
> >
> > Well, it seems to contains a *lot* less bogons than what currently is
> > in -mm series.
> >
> > What big problems do you see? It does not yet use weak symbols, but I
> > do not think that's a serious problem. What else?
>
> The first two big ones are:
> - Doesn't like gdb 6.0 (You cannot assume the first packet is Hc...)
> - Wierdities with kgdb_killed_or_detached / kgdb_might_be_resumed
> (both can die).
> - Issues w/ handling 'D' and 'k' packets cleaner (and I think there was
> a correctness fix in there, too, but it was a while ago).
> - Don't ACK packets sitting on the line

Okay, these look important but probably only touch core-lite, right?
So it should be easy to merge. Can you generate diff?

I'll try to import kgdb into quilt to make working with it
easier. [But don't expect miracles.]

> - All of the function pointer games (of which the weak symbols, but not
> all of them) are a part of.
> - kgdb_schedule/process_breakpoint, required for kgdboe, harmless to use
> on serial.

> There's still a lot of stuff I checked into linux-2.6-kgdb that's
> non-trivially important
> (http://ppc.bkbits.net:8080/linux-2.6-kgdb/ChangeSet@-4w?nav=index.html)

Hmm, I'm not allowed to use bt :-(.

[Johanka's followup: and *two* hearts?]