SubjectRe: lease.openlogging.org is unreachable
Date

On 2004-12-27, at 03:43, Larry McVoy wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 27, 2004 at 03:40:38AM +0100, Martin Dalecki wrote:
>>
>> I don't know of a proper solution, other then writing in big letters
>> in the documentation about the circumstances under which you can shoot
>> yourself in
>> the feet.
>
> And that, my friends, is the difference between a project which is a
> hobby
> and a project which is a product. We don't have the option of saying
> "this
> doesn't work".

Fully agreed. And those are the reasons why the completely non
professional
solutions, which I never saw in deployment of course...
like ... for example the pure hobby-student-project ClearCase are going
to the
extent of requiring you to run their own networked filesystem if running
on Linux. They do it simply out of fun and for educational purposes and
because they where to dumb to find much easier solution which are out
there ready
and waiting. They simply don't have to deal with something as
exceptional as
customers. They love to spend about 10 man years to develop a reliable
networked
filesystem which is OS minor version specific like burning money for
heat...

OK I was just kidding. ;-)

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:09    [W:0.073 / U:0.276 seconds]