SubjectBUG: in 2.6.0-test4-bk8 and bk9 involving handling of ethernet interfaces
When i was finishing up using a cross over cable to transfer data from
my desktop to my labtop I notied an odd thing. After I ifconfig eth0
down to close the interface on my desktop runing 2.6.0-test4-bk8 it
froze all my ttys and ptys. I upgraded to bk9 and got the same thing.

To repeat the bug one will need two computers and a cross over cable.
Connect the two computers, ifconfig the interfaces on each computer.
Give them both an ip and then ifconfig up them both. Now to get the bug
ifconfig the interface on the computer runing a 2.6 kernel down and
hopefully there will be a system freeze.

For more information im using a Net Gear fa311 ethernet NIC with the
Natsemi ethernet drivers.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:48    [W:3.640 / U:1.328 seconds]