    SubjectRe: Can't X be elemenated?
    On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 20:14:56 +0530, kartikey bhatt said:

    > Can't X be elemenated?

    And replaced with what?

    Don't point me at "experimental development systems". I can't use something
    that's just now getting to the "display a window" stage. I need something that
    will *already* support a Mozilla port (or equivalent), my mail reader, an
    equally functional [A-Za-z]term emulator, and have enough backward
    compatibility/emulation that I can tunnel X connections from other machines
    from other vendors and use their GUI tools (yes, some of us still have Solaris,
    Tru64, IRIX, and AIX boxes and need to deal with them on a regular basis - and
    those vendors haven't bought into the "replace X" kool-aid yet).

    And I'm not convinced that much of the trouble is X's fault, as opposed to
    a poor implementation of X:

    Any discussion of replacing X needs to understand why Berlin isn't the
    dominant windowing system currently.
      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:48    [W:0.018 / U:42.328 seconds]