    Subjectkernel panic with gzip and hpt370 raid
    I have a HPT370 embedder ide raid controller. If I use the 2.4.21 kernel wich
    supports the mirroring features of this card, then my ADSL modem Alcatel)is not
    detected by the drivers (Avalible on source forge.)
    I have sucesfully extracted the files from the 2.4.21 kernel and patched the
    2.4.18 kernel with this code. The seems to work fine and compiled without any
    probs.

    The only problem is that during the tape backup routine each night a kernel
    panic occures when gzip is running. If I use bzip it works fine.

    the obvious solution to this is if the bug preventing the 2.4.21 kernel from
    using the modem is fixed. I am using exactly the smae settings in the config
    file for both kernels so no items are missing that the drivers supports.

    many Thanks

    James Cronin

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:47    [W:5.204 / U:0.020 seconds]