    From userspace, I launch artsd, which uses its native ALSA support to connect
    to /dev/pcmXXXXX .
    I only have a custom script, which sleeps the machine by a 'echo 1>
    /proc/acpi/sleep' . It does NOT stop alsa .
    When the machine weaks, it has a deadlock. The suspended 'artsd' process waits
    for the /dev/pcmXXXX to become available (presumably; I can see 'D' on the
    'ps' line), while the maestro3 module waits for the 'artsd' process to free
    /dev/pcmXXX .
    I have tried to kill (w. 15, 9 etc.) the artsd process, rmmod the
    'snd_maestro3' module (w. '-f' or '-l' options to rmmod). Nothing would
    happen. In the worst case (after the rmmod), the whole module mechanism would
    lock as well ('lsmod' would hang ).
    I could not find any relevant message for this case. However, on a subsequent
    sleep, the system refuses to sleep because it cannot suspend 'artsd'.

    ps. My scripts (including module-init-tools) are definitely messy. However,
    since 'artsd' or any ALSA client works in userspace and can be launched at
    any time, I believe this problem leads to serious trouble for the system.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:46    [W:0.018 / U:9.056 seconds]