    SubjectRe: Linux 2.4 scheduler is RTOS-alike?

    will it be the same behavior If thread A and thread B both have a lot of
    printf? Suppose A get first run, does B get run at all?

    > this question is regarding linux kernel 2.4.7-2.4.20.
    > linux 2.4 kernel does support real time sheduler. If using FIFO real time
    > schedule policy, would the case that higher priority thread starve the
    > priority thread happen? Similarly, let's say an example: if I have higher
    > prioority thread A and lower priority thread B, thread A is running
    > any wait or blocking, is there a possiblity that 2.4 scheduler may want to
    > switch to thread B? Why?

    Yes, FIFO threads that spin will block lower priority threads forever.

    Sure, guaranteed if the high prio SCHED_FIFO task doesn't block at all. If
    you have a pure cpu burner, it will starve all lower priority

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:35    [W:0.020 / U:68.412 seconds]