    SubjectRe: Why DRM exists [was Re: Flame Linus to a crisp!]
    Once upon a time, Larry McVoy <> said:
    > Sometimes. If you sit down with product A and use it in the process
    > of creating product B which does what product A does, the courts have
    > held that you can't copy look-and-feel for example.

    Please site a successful ruling to that effect. In the two most
    well-known look-and-feel court cases, Apple lost their suit against
    Microsoft, and Lotus lost theirs (on appeal) against Borland.

    Chris Adams <>

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:35    [W:0.036 / U:53.068 seconds]