SubjectRE: Missing keypress when ACPI enabled
Date
> From: daveman@bellatlantic.net [mailto:daveman@bellatlantic.net]
> Since about 2.5.60, the first 2.5 kernel that has
> built/booted for me, I've noticed X/Kscreensaver fails to
> capture a keystroke after about 20 minutes of inactivity, in
> the password login prompt. It is only the first keypress that
> is lost, all later keypresses work fine. I believe I've
> narrowed it down to an interaction with having ACPI enabled,
> as booting the kernel with 'acpi=off' seems to make the
> problem go away. I've attached dmesg and .config output.
> Please let me know if I can assist further.

Aha, you have an IBM A20 (or similar). You are not the first one to
Given that, I would suspect this is a side effect of some unknown IBM
BIOS enhancement, so I don't know what we can do without IBM telling us
more about what's going on.

Regards -- Andy

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:33    [W:0.023 / U:1.164 seconds]