       From: Christoph Hellwig <>
    Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2003 18:39:29 +0000

    > I totally agree. We should stop developing Linux now and remove all
    > source code from because it's reimplementation and further
    > development of the APIs of the propritary "UNIX" operating system is
    > just a waste of time.

    You misunderstood my reply. We do have many source control management
    software around. Instead of developing something to be able to work with
    proprietary systems, we should concentrate on adding missing pieces to
    existing software and trying to convince people to not use proprietary
    systems because of their freedom. E.g. Linus and other people exercising
    "free" KitBeeper license now can not develop SCM software even if they want
    to. I think this is really bad for their freedom.

    And what will be the next thing?
    Pavel Janík

    I wouldn't like to have something like fetchmail for the kernel
    -- Martin Dalecki in LKML about CML2

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:33    [W:0.020 / U:0.220 seconds]