SubjectRe: ext3 clings to you like flypaper
Date
"Martin J. Bligh" <mbligh@aracnet.com> writes:

>And in answer to some other questions:

>This machine can't boot off CD, so rescue disks are not an option.
>It's remote anyway, and I shouldn't have to screw around with it to do this.
>I'm not using initrd

>The point remains, if I say I want ext2, I should get ext2, not whatever
>some random developer decides he thinks I should have. Worst of all,
>the system then lies to you and says it's mounted ext2 when it's not.

Don't compile any FS into the kernel. Load ext2 from an initrd. root
fs mounts as ext2 and you're happy.

Regards
Henning

--
Dipl.-Inf. (Univ.) Henning P. Schmiedehausen INTERMETA GmbH
hps@intermeta.de +49 9131 50 654 0 http://www.intermeta.de/

freelance consultant -- Jakarta Turbine Development -- hero for hire