    Subject2.6.0-test9-mjb2
    The patchset contains mainly scalability and NUMA stuff, and anything
    else that stops things from irritating me. It's meant to be pretty stable,
    not so much a testing ground for new stuff.

    I'd be very interested in feedback from anyone willing to test on any
    platform, however large or small.

    ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/mbligh/2.6.0-test9/patch-2.6.0-test9-mjb2.bz2

    Since 2.6.0-test9-mjb1 (~ = changed, + = added, - = dropped)

    Notes:

    Now in Linus' tree:

    Dropped:

    New:

    + kgdb Various
    Stolen from akpm's 2.6.0-test9-mm2

    ~ schedstat Rick Lindsley
    Provide lotsa scheduler statistics (new version)

    ~ kcg Adam Litke
    Acylic call graphs from the kernel (new version)

    ~ qlogic driver Qlogic
    The qlogic driver (new version)

    + emulex driver Emulex
    Driver for emulex fiberchannel cards

    Pending:
    lotsa_sds
    config_numasched
    4/4 split
    list_of_lists
    Hyperthreaded scheduler (Ingo Molnar)
    scheduler callers profiling (Anton or Bill Hartner)
    Child runs first (akpm)
    Kexec
    e1000 fixes
    Update the lost timer ticks code
    pidmaps_nodepages (Dave Hansen)

    Present in this patch:

    kgdb Various
    Stolen from akpm's 2.6.0-test9-mm2

    early_printk Dave Hansen / Keith Mannthey
    Allow printk before console_init

    confighz Andrew Morton / Dave Hansen
    Make HZ a config option of 100 Hz or 1000 Hz

    config_page_offset Dave Hansen / Andrea
    Make PAGE_OFFSET a config option

    numameminfo Martin Bligh / Keith Mannthey
    Expose NUMA meminfo information under /proc/meminfo.numa

    sched_tunables Robert Love
    Provide tunable parameters for the scheduler (+ NUMA scheduler)

    partial_objrmap Dave McCracken
    Object based rmap for filebacked pages.

    spinlock_inlining Andrew Morton & Martin J. Bligh
    Inline spinlocks for profiling. Made into a ugly config option by me.

    lockmeter John Hawkes / Hanna Linder
    Locking stats.

    sched_interactive Ingo Molnar
    Bugfix for interactive scheduler

    local_balance_exec Martin J. Bligh
    Modify balance_exec to use node-local queues when idle

    tcp_speedup Martin J. Bligh
    Speedup TCP (avoid double copy) as suggested by Linus

    disable preempt Martin J. Bligh
    I broke preempt somehow, temporarily disable it to stop accidents

    ppc64 pci fix Anton Blanchard
    Fix some ppc64 pci thing or other.

    per_node_idt Zwane Mwaikambo
    Per node IDT so we can do silly numbers of IO-APICs on NUMA-Q

    aiofix2 Mingming Cao
    fixed a bug in ioctx_alloc()

    config_irqbal Keith Mannthey
    Make irqbalance a config option

    percpu_real_loadavg Dave Hansen / Martin J. Bligh
    Tell me what the real load average is, and tell me per cpu.

    nolock Dave McCracken
    Nah, we don't like locks.

    mbind_part1 Matt Dobson
    Bind some memory for NUMA.

    mbind_part2 Matt Dobson
    Bind some more memory for NUMA.

    per_node_rss Matt Dobson
    Track which nodes tasks mem is on, so sched can be sensible.

    pfn_to_nid Martin J. Bligh
    Dance around the twisted rats nest of crap in i386 include.

    gfp_node_strict Dave Hansen
    Add a node strict binding as a gfp mask option

    page_lock William Lee Irwin
    Conditionally convert mapping->page_lock back to an rwlock

    irqbal_fast Adam Litke
    Balance IRQs more readily

    kcg Adam Litke
    Acylic call graphs from the kernel. Wheeeeeeeeeeeee!

    numa_mem_equals Dave Hansen
    mem= command line parameter NUMA awareness.

    schedstat Rick Lindsley
    Provide lotsa scheduler statistics

    autoswap Con Kolivas
    Auto-tune swapiness

    ext2_fix Andrew Morton
    Fix a race in ext2

    emulex driver Emulex
    Driver for emulex fiberchannel cards

    qlogic driver Qlogic
    The qlogic driver

    -mjb Martin J. Bligh
    Add a tag to the makefile

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:58    [W:0.028 / U:62.108 seconds]