SubjectRe: NFS Locking violates protocol spec (incompatible with FreeBSD)
On Fri, Nov 07, 2003 at 01:13:10AM -0500, Trond Myklebust wrote:

> > Thanks..obviously we'd like a fix to be committed to Linux so
> > that it interoperates out of the box with FreeBSD. What are
> > the chances of this?
>
> For the moment I'm still waiting for confirmation that this patch does
> actually fix the problem on both FreeBSD and OSX/Panther. Once that is
> done, it's up to Marcelo to tell me when he wants it into 2.4.x. He
> has already announce that he only wants critical bugfixes in 2.4.23,
> though, so I would guess that we will have to wait for 2.4.24.
>
> As for 2.6.x, I expect we will have to wait until the code freeze
> lifts. When it does, I already have a backlog of lockd bugfixes to
> port forward from 2.4.x, so it will make sense to merge it together
> with that.
>
> Then we just have to wait for the distributions to catch up ;-)

Thanks. Unfortunately the Linux server I experience this problem with
is not something I can play with, but I've CC'ed two people who
experience this problem with FreeBSD: perhaps they can test the patch
(http://www.fys.uio.no/~trondmy/src/Linux-2.4.x/2.4.23-pre9/linux-2.4.23-01-fix_osx.dif)

Kris

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:58    [W:0.091 / U:0.044 seconds]