SubjectRe: NFS Locking violates protocol spec (incompatible with FreeBSD)
From

> Thanks..obviously we'd like a fix to be committed to Linux so
> that it interoperates out of the box with FreeBSD. What are
> the chances of this?

For the moment I'm still waiting for confirmation that this patch does
actually fix the problem on both FreeBSD and OSX/Panther. Once that is
done, it's up to Marcelo to tell me when he wants it into 2.4.x. He
has already announce that he only wants critical bugfixes in 2.4.23,
though, so I would guess that we will have to wait for 2.4.24.

As for 2.6.x, I expect we will have to wait until the code freeze
lifts. When it does, I already have a backlog of lockd bugfixes to
port forward from 2.4.x, so it will make sense to merge it together
with that.

Then we just have to wait for the distributions to catch up ;-)

Cheers,
Trond

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:58    [W:0.059 / U:0.160 seconds]