SubjectRe: Suspend to disk panicked in -test9.
On Fri, 07 Nov 2003 15:14:06 GMT, davidsen@tmr.com (bill davidsen)  said:

> Or people who want it that way could put the setterm call in their
> rc.local, of course. No patches required and the rest of the world
> doesn't have to turn it on.

Of course, this means that you have to know beforehand that your
machine is going to panic. And of course, since the screen is blanked,
you don't get a clue what caused it so you don't get any information
on how to reproduce it.... We're supposed to be designing a quality
operating system, not something that's a set-up for a Dilbert strip.

Rob Landley is right - there should be a patch to make it go away
if the kernel panics.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:58    [W:0.067 / U:2.396 seconds]