    SubjectRe: [linux-usb-devel] Re: serious 2.6 bug in USB subsystem?

    David> I'm not sure that if the HID driver were to pass a null
    David> buffer pointer, it would be caught anywhere.
    >> OK, I'll try to find some time to trace the I/O MMU calls to see
    >> if something isn't kosher at that level. Is there a good way of
    >> getting a relatively high-level of tracing in the USB subsystem
    >> that would some me what's going on between the HID and the core
    >> USB level?

    Dave.B> Most of that story is just submitting and completing URBs.

    Yeah. And it appears that it's the very first call to
    hid_submit_ctrl() that's triggering the problem (not always, but about
    9 out of 10 times). I dumped some of the key fields for the URB being
    submitted and they all looked saned to me.

    Dave.B> I'd either try changing the spots in drivers/usb/core/hcd.c
    Dave.B> marked as appropriate for generic MONITOR_URB hooks (printk
    Dave.B> if it's your HID device, maybe), or manually turn on
    Dave.B> whatever HCD-specific hooks exist (maybe use a VERBOSE
    Dave.B> message level).

    OK, thanks for the suggestion. I'll keep looking, but will be on
    travel this week, so I may not be able to spend much time on this

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:58    [W:0.029 / U:71.308 seconds]