    SubjectRe: ANNOUNCE: User-space System Device Enumeration (uSDE)
    On 2003-10-27T16:09:26,
    Mark Bellon <> said:

    > The uSDE was built in response to a set of telco and embedded community
    > requirements. We found it difficult to express our ideas. Everyone
    > wanted to see code and documentation. Here is the code and the initial
    > documentation. This is a starting point...

    That makes perfect sense. If it helped to articulate and understand your
    ideas and concerns, this is certainly an important starting point.

    > >If not, are you planning on merging your efforts with udev in the future?
    > It is to everyone's advantage to converge on an implementation of
    > enumeration that meets all of the requirements.

    Great! However, I suggest that you should explore this idea yourself.
    Only you can eventually articulate the requirements and solutions in
    your code; you cannot expect others to go look at it and guess them.

    Lars Marowsky-Brée <>

    High Availability & Clustering \ ever tried. ever failed. no matter.
    SUSE Labs | try again. fail again. fail better.
    Research & Development, SUSE LINUX AG \ -- Samuel Beckett

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:58    [W:0.021 / U:42.768 seconds]