Subject2.6 test 8 locks up when encoding Divx/Xvid
Date
When I use DVD::Rip / Transcode to encode a VOB file to an Xvid format AVI,
then the whole machine locks up and the only recourse is to hit the reset
button : it won't repond to pings, open telnet sessions become unresponsive,
etc. I've also experienced lockups when using Kino to export in Divx
format.

If I boot to the old 2.4.20 (latest RedHat kernel), then I can encode files
for days with no lockups.

need more info, send me an email and I'll forward any appropriate logs, but
have no idea at this point which ones would be applicable. I haven't seen
anything in /var/log/messages that gave me any clues.

I really like 2.6test 8 otherwise. I have Win2K on this machine as well, and
for the first time, everything in Linux - from a desktop user perspective,
runing Gnome 2.4 - is faster than in Win2K.

Nice work.