    SubjectHelp a newbie: "make modules_install" causes depmod errors for EVERY module on EVERY kernel I try?
    For some reason I can't compile a kernel anymore.  I recently installed
    gnome 2.4 from source (the only major system change I can think of).
    Now when I try to compile 2.4.21, make modules_install gives depmod
    errors for EVERY module, even dummy.o in the case of an out-of-the-box
    kernel configuration. This behavior happens on every kernel that I've
    tried. This is using the typical make mrproper, make menuconfig, make
    dep, make clean, make bzImage, make modules, make modules_install
    sequence of stuff.

    In the process of building gnome I had to update ld from an RPM
    (couldn't install it from source, e-mail me if you want details on that).

    Any help would be greatly appreciated :)... I'm at a loss about what to do.

    --Peter
    promba@purdue.edu

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:58    [W:0.022 / U:0.040 seconds]