SubjectHelp a newbie: "make modules_install" causes depmod errors for EVERY module on EVERY kernel I try?
For some reason I can't compile a kernel anymore.  I recently installed
gnome 2.4 from source (the only major system change I can think of).
Now when I try to compile 2.4.21, make modules_install gives depmod
errors for EVERY module, even dummy.o in the case of an out-of-the-box
kernel configuration. This behavior happens on every kernel that I've
tried. This is using the typical make mrproper, make menuconfig, make
dep, make clean, make bzImage, make modules, make modules_install
sequence of stuff.

In the process of building gnome I had to update ld from an RPM
(couldn't install it from source, e-mail me if you want details on that).

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)... I'm at a loss about what to do.

--Peter
promba@purdue.edu

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:58    [W:0.035 / U:0.212 seconds]