SubjectGetting Fasttrak TX2 Raid Controler to work.
Hi everyone!

I tried to get a 2.4.22 kernel to work with support for the Promise
Fasttrak TX2 controller.

lspci says the following about the controller:
00:0a.0 RAID bus controller: Promise Technology, Inc.:Unknown device
6268 (rev 02)

I included
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_PDC202XX_NEW=y
CONFIG_BLK_PDC202XX_FORCE=y
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_ATARAID=y
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_ATARAID_PDC=y

in the .config-file

When booting the kernel I compiled this way, it detects the Fasttrak,
but won't load the RAID, also it is directly compiled into the kernel
and not as a module, and can't mount the VFS on /dev/ataraid/d0p*

This is no hardware problem or else, because with a debian 2.4.18-bf24
kernel the systems boots without a problem and I can use all devices
under /dev/ataraid/d0p*

Does anyone have an idea how I can get this to work? Thank you in
advance.

Best Regards,

Kai

--
Kai Militzer WESTEND GmbH | Internet-Business-Provider
Technik CISCO Systems Partner - Authorized Reseller