SubjectRe: IPMI
Does this work, or would you like more detail?

config IPMI_HANDLER
tristate 'IPMI top-level message handler'
help
This enables the central IPMI message handler, required for IPMI
to work. Note that you must have this enabled to enable any
other IPMI things. IPMI is a standard for managing sensors
(temperature, voltage, etc.) in a system. If you don't know
what it is, your system probably doesn't have it and you can
ignore this option. See Documentation/IPMI.txt for more
details on the driver.

-Corey

Rusty Russell wrote:

>From "make oldconfig":
>
> *
> * IPMI
> *
> IPMI top-level message handler (IPMI_HANDLER) [N/m/y/?] (NEW) ?
>
> This enables the central IPMI message handler, required for IPMI
> to work. Note that you must have this enabled to do any other IPMI
> things. See IPMI.txt for more details.
>
> IPMI top-level message handler (IPMI_HANDLER) [N/m/y/?] (NEW)
>
>Telling me what IPMI is, and why I might need it, would be a good
>thing... Please, Corey, I'm feeling generation-gapped by the
>acronyms...
>
>Thanks!
>Rusty.
>--
> Anyone who quotes me in their sig is an idiot. -- Rusty Russell.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:32    [W:0.210 / U:0.192 seconds]