    SubjectIngo Scheduler
    Hello all
    I am in a state of confusion.
    Reason: How does Ingo Scheduler manages to schedule the entire process with
    the help of expired
    queue in O(1).
    I searched the net for the explaination of Ingo's Scheduler, could not find

    My understanding of Ingo's Scheduler

    When the process A (from active queue) has completed its Quantum,
    Scheduler moves process A to the expired queue.
    & when the active queue is empty, the expired queue becomes the active queue
    & the active queue becomes the

    Point of confusion

    The active queue (expired queue) has accumulated the process. It is almost
    similar to the previous active queue.
    How does the Introduction of the expired queue reduce the Time Complexity
    from O(n) to O(1).
    as my understanding goest that the scheduler needs to produce "process's
    goodness", so the time complexity remains the same.

    Another point of non-understanding is
    Why does the scheduler need to know the scheduling class to produce
    process's goodness?

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:28    [W:0.031 / U:6.780 seconds]