SubjectRe: The spam problem.
Hello !

On Sun, Aug 11, 2002 at 11:41:52PM -0500, Jim Roland wrote:
> I'm getting damn tired of getting 50-75 spams per day in my inbox and I
> don't even use my email address on websites to post.

I don't receive 50 spams/day from lkml, and I have no filter. So some of the
ones you receive may be addressed to you directly. BTW, nothing prevents you
to filter the mails you receive from LKML to reduce the (IMHO) very little
number of spams that get through. And if you're still so much bothered about
the remaining ones, you still have the choice to unsubscribe and read them
from marc.theaimsgroup.com or other archives.

I personaly am quite happy about Matti and DaveM's work on the list, because
I receive far less spam from LKML than on my personal accounts. Moreover, spams
in the list are easily identifiable by their off-topic subjects, so most of the
time, you don't even have to read them. So I'd prefer to keep this list open
and get most bug reports than closing it, still receiving some spams and not
getting bug reports. Nobody should fall to self-DoS because of spam.

Regards,
Willy

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:27    [W:0.228 / U:0.148 seconds]