    SubjectRe: It hurts when I shoot myself in the foot
    On Fri, May 24, 2002 at 12:28:29AM +0200, Vojtech Pavlik wrote:
    > On Thu, May 23, 2002 at 10:33:05AM -0700, Mike Fedyk wrote:

    > > > That was what I was trying to say: same FSB speed * different multipliers
    > > > = different CPU MHZ, like what the original poster is asking about.
    > > > I don't think it is possible to configure a motherboard to have different
    > > > FSB speeds for two processors.
    > > >

    > > Me neither, but it seems theoretically possible.
    >
    > It is not, they are both on the same FSB, at least in Pentium II/III case.

    And if you read even what is quoted above in this message you would notice
    that we are not talking about Intel SMP, but AMD SMP, or more correctly, AMD
    SMP licensed from Alpha. What you say is true for Intel SMP though.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:26    [W:0.024 / U:30.116 seconds]