SubjectRe: It hurts when I shoot myself in the foot
> That was what I was trying to say: same FSB speed * different multipliers
> = different CPU MHZ, like what the original poster is asking about.
> I don't think it is possible to configure a motherboard to have different
> FSB speeds for two processors.

The Intel pentium II/III FSB at least can't handle this with normal chipsets.
You can run same FSB different multipliers but this not officially supported.
I have code to detect the multiplier of each CPU but never got around to
making the kernel detect this and turn off TSC usage so you need to boot
with "notsc" in such a case