    SubjectRe: Big file support
    On Wed, 27 Feb 2002, Rick Stevens wrote:

    > I'm not certain if this is the right place, but are there plans to
    > have big file support (files >2GB) anytime soon? I ask, as we use
    > Linux to serve LOTS of streaming media and the logs for popular sites
    > often exceed 2GB. I'd like to see the ability to handle at least 16GB
    > files, possibly more.
    > Please cc: me on any replies if possible. I've been REALLY busy and
    > am finding it hard to keep up with l-k traffic.

    You must be really behind, large file support has been in the current
    kernel for ~14 months. Of course if your application isn't compiled with
    LFS enabled it doesn't matter, or if it keeps offsets in long instead of
    offset types...

    bill davidsen <>
    CTO, TMR Associates, Inc

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:21    [W:0.031 / U:4.092 seconds]