SubjectRe: Big file support (emperical evidence)
I agree -- and I was actually surprised.  On Tuesday I wrote
a script that created some huge files on an ext3 filesystem, expecting
it to die at 2GB, but it didn't die until I passed 8GB (and filled
the partition). (( redhat 7.2 ))

Alan Cox wrote:
>>A lot of the kernel supports big files already. The real problem is the
>>fact that the primary Linux file system, ext3, does not. If you use some
>>file system besides ext3, big files should work.
> This is incorrect information. Ext3 supports large files. Whoever told
> you otherwise was wrong.

Stephen Samuel +1(604)876-0426
Powerful committed communication, reaching through fear, uncertainty and
doubt to touch the jewel within each person and bring it to life.