    SubjectRe: Big file support (emperical evidence)
    I agree -- and I was actually surprised.  On Tuesday I wrote
    a script that created some huge files on an ext3 filesystem, expecting
    it to die at 2GB, but it didn't die until I passed 8GB (and filled
    the partition). (( redhat 7.2 ))

    Alan Cox wrote:
    >>A lot of the kernel supports big files already. The real problem is the
    >>fact that the primary Linux file system, ext3, does not. If you use some
    >>file system besides ext3, big files should work.
    > This is incorrect information. Ext3 supports large files. Whoever told
    > you otherwise was wrong.

    Stephen Samuel +1(604)876-0426
    Powerful committed communication, reaching through fear, uncertainty and
    doubt to touch the jewel within each person and bring it to life.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:24    [W:0.026 / U:0.140 seconds]