    SubjectRe: Notification hooks
    On Mon, Dec 16, 2002 at 09:21:29AM -0800, Larry McVoy wrote:
    > On Mon, Dec 16, 2002 at 06:18:55PM +0100, Arjan van de Ven wrote:
    > > On Mon, 2002-12-16 at 18:12, Ben Collins wrote:
    > > > Linus, is there anyway I can request a hook so that anything that
    > > > changes drivers/ieee1394/ in your repo sends me an email with the diff
    > > > for just the files in that directory, and the changeset log? Is this
    > > > something that bkbits can do?
    > > >
    > > > I'd bet lots of ppl would like similar hooks for their portions of the
    > > > source.
    > >
    > > well there is the bk commits list that has all individual changesets.
    > > Add procmail and the patchutils program "grepdiff" to the recipe and I
    > > think we have a winner.....
    >
    > I suspect you want to look at all the files in the cset. I think what
    > you want is a script which is given a list of files and sends a patch
    > for each new changeset which touches any of those files. Because if
    > a changeset touched drivers/ieee1394/ and include/something then you
    > probably want both.
    >
    > bk help triggers.

    Well, if it affects more than just the files I am interested in, I only
    want the diff for those files, but the changeset log and files-affected
    for the whole changeset.

    If I want the full diff I can go to bkbits or the archive of the commit
    list.

    --
    Debian - http://www.debian.org/
    Linux 1394 - http://www.linux1394.org/