    SubjectRe: swsusp: don't eat ide disks
    On Sun, 2002-11-03 at 14:57, wrote:
    > Hrm... I don't think so Alan. The PM ordering is bus driven,
    > so actual bus binding of the disk is it's controller, not
    > the request queue which is the functional binding. It's up to
    > the disk driver to shut down processing of the request queue.

    That requires code in every driver. Duplicated, hard to write, likely to
    be racey code. Thats bad.

    The bigger picture really should be

    ACPI etc "I want to suspend to disk"

    PM layer
    Suspend the non I/O tasks (btw reminds me - eh tasks and
    all workqueues may be I/O tasks at times)
    Complete all the block I/O queues
    Throw out the pages we can evict
    Write suspend image

    Jump to PM layer "power off" logic

    If you do it that way up then no drivers need to be hacked about.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:30    [W:0.046 / U:23.140 seconds]