    SubjectCompiling packages from source on Ultrasparc
    Hi,
    I understand that userland is 32-bit on Ultrasparc. I am trying to
    compile user-mode-linux on Ultrasparc, and I guess I need to compile it
    in 32-bit mode for it to run as a normal user-level process. UML make
    use of certain files in asm-{base-arch} during compilation. Now, to
    compile uml in 32-bit mode, I did not include any flags in
    makefiles(like -m64, -mcpu=ultrasparc) that would include 64-bit
    specific asm code.
    My question is that, what difference does it make when I compile UML, in
    a sparc32 shell, as compared to the above process without executing the
    sparc32 shell. I understand that if compiled in sparc32 shell, it
    recognizes the host-arch as "sparc" instead of "sparc64". But other than
    that, does it make any other difference? I am also not sure, which is
    the right method for compiling UML.
    Any pointers will be appreciated.

    -Shanti

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:31    [W:0.020 / U:0.824 seconds]