Subjectmaster.kernel.org situation update
Date
The situation on master.kernel.org is looking pretty grim.  We were
trying to add disk capacity (the host uses a DAC960PRL RAID
controller) and the end result seems to be that a Mylex utility called
"ezsetup" has completely trashed the RAID configuration information.
What makes matters worse is that an MIS screwup here means no backups
have been running for a month or so.

Clearly, the archive section of the system is mirrored, and therefore
recoverable, but there are lots of scripts and anything else that
involves automation that may be lost if we cannot recover this data.

-hpa

http://www.zytor.com/~hpa/puzzle.txt