SubjectAnnouncement of Linux Kernel State Tracer (LKST)
Date

Dear all,

I'd like to announce publication of Linux Kernel State Tracer (LKST),
which is a tracer for Linux kernel.
LKST's main purpose is debugging, fault analysis and performance
analysis of enterprise systems.
For the purpose, LKST has these features,
- It is possible to change dynamically which events are recorded.
Developers can obtain information about the events which they
concern only interesting events.
And, It reduces the overhead of components which is not related
with trouble.
- It is possible to change each handlers related each events.
A default handler of all events is just recording the events.
But, if it is necessary, default handler can be changed.
This function can be used as following,
+Notify user processes when the handler detects abnormal status.
+Change a maskset,which controls what type of events should be
recorded, dynamically by the handler.
-> The system can usually run with a few events trace for the
cause of good performance. And, when the handler detects
abnormal status, it can change a maskset to get more
detail information.

LKST binaries, source code and documents are available in the following site,
https://sourceforge.net/projects/lkst/
or
http://oss.hitachi.co.jp/sdl/english/lkst.html (now updating)

I'm afraid misunderstanding so I add attention.

- This release is still BETA because some of features
are not implemented.
- Implementation of each trace points is not final but
tentative. We started to improve this interface, and it will
be included this feature in the next release (which will be
by end of March in the next year).

We prepared a mailing list written below in order to let users
know updates of LKST.

lkst-users@lists.sourceforge.net

To subscribe, please refer following URL,