    SubjectRE: broken VM in 2.4.10-pre9
    One argument for reverse mappings is distributed shared memory or
    distributed file systems and their interaction with memory mapped files.
    For example, a distributed file system may need to invalidate a specific
    page of a file that may be mapped multiple times on a node.

    This may be a naive argument given my limited knowledge of Linux memory
    management internals. If so, I will refrain from posting this sort of
    thing in the future. Let me know.

    <snip>

    > > Do you have any arguments for the reverse mappings or just
    > for some of
    > > the other side effects that go along with them?
    >
    > Mainly for the side effects, but until somebody comes
    > up with another idea to achieve all the side effects I'm
    > not giving up on reverse mappings. If you can achieve
    > all the good stuff in another way, show it.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:03    [W:0.022 / U:123.440 seconds]