    SubjectLinux 2.4.4-ac3

    Intermediate diffs are available from

    o Fix hang on boot with SMP (Andrea Arcangeli)
    | and fixes a few more uglies too
    o freevxfs module name was wrong (should be (me)
    o Update alloc_etherdev docs (Erik Mouw)
    o Remove dead funcs, put back ip_set_manually (David Miller,
    in the ipconfig code (Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo)
    o Fix SA_ONSTACK standards violation (for x86) (Christian Ehrhardt)
    | Other arch maintainers should check..
    o Add another species of SB AWE 32 (Bill Nottingham)
    o SE401 USB camera driver (Jeroen Vreeken)
    o Correct MAX_HD and make stuff static in ps2esdi (Hal Duston)
    o Fix inode-nr corruption (Al Viro)
    o Fix pgd_alloc for user mode linux (Jeff Dike)
    o Fix UML hostfs for get_hardsect_size (Jeff Dike)
    o Tidy up APM options setting, add module opts (Stephen Rothwell)
    o Fix acm open race (Oliver Neukum)
    o Further bounce buffer fixes (Arjan van de Ven)
    o ACPI updates (Andrew Grover)
    o Move pci_enable_device earlier on via audio (Arjan van de Ven)

    o Remove some spurious whitespace differences (me)
    between trees
    o Make the VIA timer reload check test avoid (me)
    tripping on a timer as it rolls back to zero
    o Drop dasdfmt man page changes (dos ^M noise) (me)
    o Drop experimental iee1284 pnp module loading (me)
    o Revert pcnet32 chance causing compile errors (me)
    o Remove wrong __init in sunhme (Dave Miller)
    o Fix overlarge udely in aironet4500 (Arjan van de Ven)
    o Remove non existant parameter from aironet4500 (Keith Owens)
    o Kill duplicate aic7xxx include (Andrzej Krzysztofowicz)
    o Fix pci2220i scsi compile bug (Matt Domsch)
    o Fix module exception race on Alpha (Andrea Arcangeli)
    o Disable broken large vmalloc support on Alpha (Andrea Arcangeli)
    o Remove dead ia64 config entries (Steven Cole)
    o Add kbuild list info to MAINTAINERS (Steven Cole)
    o linux appletalk list has moved (Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo)
    o Revert wrong mount changes in 2.4.4 (Andries Brouwer)
    o Revert drivers/scsi/scsi.c change in 2.4.4 (me)
    that subtly broke about 15 drivers
    o Fix typo in slab.h (Pavel Machek)
    o More correct child favouring fork behaviour (Peter Österlund)
    o Only apply pci fixups if there is a VIA 686B (Charl Botha)
    o Fix GDT padding error introduced by PnPBIOS (Brian Gerst)
    o Fix UML build without CONFIG_PT_PROXY (Jeff Dike)
    o dmfe wasnt calling dev_alloc_skb (Tobias Ringstrom)
    o Further fixups (Steven Cole)
    o Move pci_enable_device earlier in trident (Marcus Meissner)

    o Merge with Linus 2.4.4
    | This wasnt entirely trivial so this is the only
    | stuff in this patch
    | The following stuff has been switched to the Linus branch
    | in the merge: uhci, dcache atomicity, raw I/O

    o Merge read-only vxfs reading support (Christoph Hellwig)
    o Fix missing return in broken_apm_power (Alex Riesen)
    o Remove bogus rwsem hacks from usbdevice_fs.h (Alex Riesen)
    o Fix umount/sync_inodes race (Al Viro)
    o Make new xircom driver report when promisc used (Arjan van de Ven)
    o Fix acenic PCI flag set up (Phil Copeland)
    o Make nfs smart about passing max file sizes (Trond Myklebust)
    o Add initrd support to User Mode Linux (Jeff Dike)
    o Fix timer irq race in User Mode Linux (Jeff Dike)
    o Fix UML for semaphore changes (Jeff Dike)
    o Update thw W9966 parallel port camera driver (Jakob Kemi)
    o Further dmfe SMP fixups (Tobias Ringstrom)
    o Kernel manual pages in man9 (Tim Waugh)
    o Work around BIOSes that implement E801 sizing
    but don't implement the CX/DX values part (Michael Miller)
    o Fix atp driver build (Arjan van de Ven)
    o Fix irda poll handling (Dag Brattli)
    o Remove unused buggy pdc202xx code (Arjan van de Ven)
    o Clean up iphase ATM (Arnaldo Carvalho
    de Melo)
    o Setup slave PDC20265 controller on fasttrak (Arjan van de Ven)
    as normal IDE
    o Add __init/__initdata to most net driver (Andrzej Krzysztofowicz)
    version info
    o SDDR09 config entry was missing (Phil Stracchino)
    o NFS updates (Andrzej Krzysztofowicz)
    o Netfilter updates (Rusty Russell and co)
    o Update 2.4 ipconfig to support dhcp (Eric Biederman)
    o es1371 setup updates/error check/pci bits (Marcus Meissner)
    o Fix buzzing ymfpci (Nick Brown)
    o Update nm256 audio driver (Marcus Meissner)
    o Blacklist updates (Arjan van de Ven)

    o Switch to NOVERS symbols for rwsem (me)
    | Called from asm blocks so they can't be versioned
    o Fix gcc 2.95 building on rwsem (Niels Jensen)
    o Fix cmsfs build (Andrzej Krzysztofowicz)
    o Fix rio build/HZ setup (Andrzej Krzysztofowicz)
    o Fix PPP filtering dependancy in config (Andrzej Krzysztofowicz)

    o Rewrite the i2o post handling code to fix (me)
    DMA memory scribbles
    o Handle IOP constipation in the i2o_block layer (me)
    o Fix bugs in the i2o table query causing reboots (me)
    in i2o_proc on the DPT card
    o Add quirks for i2o cards that handle large I/O (me)
    queues badly [Promise supertrak100]
    o Add cache heuristics to the I2O block driver (me)
    | We don't cache large writes (assume seq)
    | We writeback small writes (random, metadata)
    o Disable use of writeback caching if there is (me)
    no battery backup
    o Merge Linus 2.4.4pre6
    o Further semaphore fixes (David Howells)
    o Correct 'void main' to 'int main' in rtc doc (Jesper Juhl)
    o Hopefully fix bugtraq reported netfilter ftp
    o Fix unistd.h for ARM (Russell King)
    o Fix pre-emption of rt tasks (Nigel Gamble)
    o Fix revalidation bugs in cciss/cpqarray (Charles White)
    when rereading partitions
    o Acenic updates (Jes Sorensen)
    o Fix MAINTAINERS sort order (David Woodhouse)
    o Restore DVDRAM fix with cdrom init fix too (Jens Axboe)
    o Fix irda disconnect timeout bug (Dag Brattli)
    o Experimentally reap dead swap harder (Dave Miller)
    o Remove dead low mtu checks from drivers (Arnaldo Carvalho de
    o Add missing sk_chk_filter export (Byeong-ryeol Kim)
    o Quieten pci printks, send them to log (Arjan van de Ven)
    o Hopefully fix fastrak oops (me)

    o Merge Linus 2.4.4pre5
    o Back out problem dvdram changes
    o Make reiserfs use daemonize (Chris Mason)
    o Fix lvm map buglet (Jens Axboe)
    o tms380 driver fixes (Adam Fritzler)
    o Fix up duplicate configs and other glitches (Steven Cole)
    o Fix pcnet32 printk format bug (me)
    o ISDN driver further small update/fixes (me)
    o Fix bounce buffer deadlock on bh allocs (Arjan van de Ven)
    o Fix fbmem merge glitch (Geert Uytterhoeven)
    o Version string cleanups on net devices (Jeff Garzik)
    o Update ext2 documentation (Andreas Dilger)
    o Add MCE support for AMD Athlon/Duron (Dave Jones)
    o Further SDLA tidying (me)
    o Update maintainers (Steven Cole, Eric
    o Tulip update (Jeff Garzik)
    o Fix sound config to use right symnames (Eric Raymond)
    o Further dmfe fixes (Tobias Ringstrom,
    Frank Davis
    Jeff Garzik)
    o Parport probe cleanups (Tim Waugh)
    o Fix a few configure items (Eric Raymond)
    o Fix cmsfs nonbuild (me)

    o Merge Linus 2.4.4pre4
    o Apply the i960 quirk to the DPT I2O controllers (me)
    o Etrax100 updates (Bjorn Wesen)
    o Fix skge memory leak (Jes Sorensen)
    o Handle reiserfs log overflow error (Chris Mason)
    o Merge JFFS2 (compressing log flash file system) (David Woodhouse)
    o Merge contributed help texts for options (Eric Raymond,
    Steven Cole)
    o Further screen blanking fixes (Mikael Pettersson)
    o Further binfmt elf DLINFO fixes/alignment (Benjamin Herrenschmidt)
    o Fix reboot notifier unregister in aic7xxx (Arjan van de Ven)
    o Fix orinoco_cs build on powerpc (David Gibson)
    o Neomagic audio didn't call pci_enable_device (Marcus Meissner)
    o Remove superblock file size setting for 2Gb (Al Viro)
    default size file systems
    o Merge UML gprof support (Jeff Dike)
    o Clean up UML slip code (Jeff Dike)
    o Allow UML attach to already running debuggers (Jeff Dike)
    o Reorder frame buffer probes (Geert Uytterhoeven)
    o Add __init calls to bluesmoke.c (Dave Jones)
    o Add missing pci_enable_device to toshoboe (Marcus Meissner)
    o Updated AFFS file system (Roman Zippel)
    o DVD-RAM fixes (Jens Axboe)
    o Further sundance driver fixes (Jeff Garzik)
    o Fix qlogicfc warning (Dave Miller)
    o Fix sign handling error in scsi_ioctl (me)
    | Found by the Stanford validator
    o Fix sign handling error in af_decnet (me)
    | Found by the Stanford validator
    o Fixed I2O posts to be uninterruptible (me)
    o Stop IDE layer eating Supertrak slave PDC20265 (me)
    o Work around the DPT I2O controller exploding
    when asked to quiesce. (me)

    o Fix ac8 pnpbios build bug (me)
    o Fix ac8 sysrq build bug (me)
    o Fix uml for new semaphores (Jeff Dike)
    o Attempt to flush low memory buffers when short
    of bounce space on highmem machines (Marcelo Tosatti)
    o Kill old filesystem_setup function (Al Viro)
    o Small pnp bios tidy up (me)

    o Restore wan router features backed out by the (me)
    sangoma stuff Linus merged
    o Clean up #ifdefs in Sangoma code a bit (me)
    o Fix missing kmalloc return checks in Sangoma (me)
    o Fix d_flags bit setting in knfsd (Mikael Pettersson)
    o Turn on winchip MCE (Dave Jones)
    o IRDA USB driver fixups (Dag Brattli,
    Philipp Rumpf, Jean Tourrilhes)
    o Tidy up cpu capability mask reporting (Rogier Wolff)
    o Refix icmp gcc warnings (Andrzej M. Krzysztofowicz)
    o Remove 2.0 ioremap hacks from ISDN layer (Kai Germaschewski)
    o Fix request_region ranges on hisax/bkm_a8 (Roland Klabunde)
    o Add rx fifo overlfow handling to pci hisax (Werner Cornelius)
    o Hysdn driver updates (Ulrich Albrecht)
    o Rewrite cisco hdlc keepalive code (Bjoern Zeeb,
    Kai Germaschewski)
    o Document CONFIG_TMSISA (Jochen Friedrich)
    o Fix emu10k memory leak (Hugh Dickins)
    o Fix i810 audio SMP lockups (Doug Ledford)
    o Merge binfmt_elf changes for PPC (Benjamin Herrenschmidt)
    o Make sysrq keybindings a clean API (Crutcher Dunvant)
    | I think I caught all the sysrq updates from after
    | the patch was written and got them right - please check
    o Merge PnP bios enumeration and PnP BIOS (Christian Schmidt,
    parport support (Tom Lees, David Hinds, Gunther Mayer)
    o Bit more experimental work on fixing bounce (Marcelo Tosatti, me)

    o Updated VIA quirk handling for the chipset (Andre Hedrick,
    flaws George Breese)
    | Experimental version removed
    | VIA users should check this kernel -carefully-!!!!
    o Remove KT7 dma kill (me)
    | See above note
    o Merge Linus 2.4.4pre3
    o Fix winchip1 oops in mtrr from previous change (me)
    o Add winchip3 support to mtrr/oostore (me)
    o Fix the Zoran driver build (me)
    | This is still not up to date with the master copy
    | that is intentional - first things first.
    o Fix CONFIG_WINCHIP kernel crash on cpu with (me)
    o Fix UML options help bug (Jeff Dike)
    o Fix pte corruption in user mode linux (Jeff Dike)
    o Fix gdb and terminal initialisation in UML (Jeff Dike)
    o UML code cleanup (Jeff Dike)
    o Fix saved register corruption in UML (Jeff Dike)
    o Add pci_disable_device (Jeff Garzik)
    o Fix a slight bug in the parport help (Tim Waugh)
    o Hopefully fix the sb1000 driver irq support (James Anderson)
    o Fix missing signal lock in keventd (Manfred Spraul)
    o Fix module build with io debugging on (Markus Kossmann)
    o Fix dcache flag atomicty (Al Viro)
    o Make cs4281 use pci_set_dma_mask, clean up (Jeff Garzik)
    o Use pci_set_dma_mask on maestro3 (Jeff Garzik)
    o Fix 3270 driver build bug (Dick Hitt)
    o Fix accidental sb driver bug revert (Jeff Garzik)
    o Clean up PCI dependancies in sound drivers (Jeff Garzik)
    o Update synclink driver (Paul Fulghum)
    o rtl8139 driver update (Jeff Garzik)
    o Update ps/2 esdi fixes to correct DMA access (Hal Duston)
    o More aha1542 code marked __init (Matthias Hanisch)
    o More random.c code marked __init (Matthias Hanisch)

    o Remove tables.h include from fatfs_syms (OGAWA Hirofumi)
    o Update UML (Jeff Dike)
    o Protect more __KERNEL__ only stuff from (Phil Copeland)
    o Fix sound/ bug with ARM (Russell King)
    o Update network drivers for ARM bits (Russell King)
    | 8390, pcnet_cs, tulip
    o Fix umount cleanups (Al Viro)
    o Merge aic7xxx driver 6.11 (Justin Gibbs)
    o Added support for the pentium machine check (me)
    | Also including thermal check
    o Add support for the winchip machine check (me)
    o Fix mtrr support of the WinChip2 (me)
    | Existing code set uncachable not write gathering on winchip2
    o Support weak ordering mode on winchip cpus (me)

    o Merge Linus 2.4.4pre1
    o New rwsem implementation (David Howells)
    o Fix rwsem compile problem (me)
    o Fix bust_spinlocks build fail if !CONFIG_VT (me)
    o Merge Linus 2.4.4pre2 except for ipv6
    o Fix the corner case non zeroing bug in (me)
    copy_from_user for x86

    o Fix corruption case in ext2 inode handling (Ingo Molnar, Al Viro)
    o Merge user mode linux port (Jeff Dike)
    o Remove some surplus ifdefs from init/main.c (me)
    o Update nwfpe (Russell King)
    o Fix ps2esdi driver (Hal Duston)
    o Update ARM documentation (Russell King)
    o Update Symbios 53c8xx driver (Gérard Roudier)
    o ARM frame buffer update (Russell King)
    o Update ARM bootstrap code (Russell King)
    o Eicon driver fix (Armin Schindler)
    o Update S/390 Documentation (Utz Bacher, Carsten
    o Update S/390 math emulation Otte, Holger Smolinski
    o S/390 tape driver Martin Schwidefsky
    o PAGEX support for Linux/390 under VM and probably others)
    o General S/390 fixes
    o Update S/390 tty drivers
    o Update S/390 irq handling
    o Update S/390 channel driver
    o Update S/390 include files
    o Update S/390 networking drivers
    o Update S/390 DASD drivers
    o Update S/390 mm to match generic mm changes
    o Update S/390 makefiles
    o Catch another subspecies of misidentifying CD (Bob Mende Pie)
    o Fix bluesmoke formatting (Solar Designer)
    o Fix rx error handling in rtl8139 (Jeff Garzik)
    o Update paths to e2fsprogs (Steven Cole)
    o Fix proc alloc map locking (Tom Leete)
    o Console blanking fix (continued..) (Mikael Pettersson)
    o ARM tools update (Russell King)
    o Update ARM includes (Russell King)
    o Update ARM sound drivers (Russell King)
    o Update the shark ARM support (Alexander Schulz)
    o Update SA1100 support (Russell King,
    Nicolas Pitre)
    o Update ARM make and config files (Russell King)
    o Update ARM mm/fault handling (Russell King)
    o Update ARM network driver config (Russell King)
    o Misc ARM updates (Russell King)
    o Update ARM footbridge code (Russell King)
    o EBSA ISA bus fixups (Russell King)
    o Fix agp copy_from_user bug (Dawson Engler)
    o Correct devfs docs on /dev/sg (Herbert Xu)
    o /dev/sg doc update (Douglas Gilbert)

    o Fix console unblank from suspend bug (Mikael Pettersson)
    o Fix unmap_buffer() race (Al Viro)
    o Add a proper dmi blacklist (me)
    o Fix alpha build for new mm changes (Ivan Kokshaysky)
    o Resync setup-bus.c to pick up Alpha Noritake (Ivan Kokshaysky)
    o Fix swap accounting for major faults (Marcelo Tosatti)
    o Add some bigendian support and voodoo5 support (Ani Joshi)
    to tdfxfb
    o Fix failing build with CONFIG_VT=n (Jason McMullan)
    o Fix some corner cases in iso9660 support (Andreas Eckleder)
    for symlinks and XA attriubtes
    o Fix NTFS and quota sparc build problems on -ac (Steve Ralston)
    o Resync to the Linus serial.c + B9600 fix (me)
    o Avoid nasties with OHCI controller gets no IRQ (Arjan van de Ven)
    o Pull problem lance change (Jeff Garzik)
    o Fix SMP lockup in usbdevfs (Tony Hoyle)
    o Firestream atm update (Patrick van de Lageweg)

    o Add the VIA C3 to the mtrr/setup code (Dave Jones)
    o Report PAE mode oopses better (Ingo Molnar)
    o Fix zap_low_mappings on PAE (Hugh Dickins)
    o Tidy up parport resource handling, fix bug (Tim Waugh)
    o Add series 6 backpack driver support (Tim Waugh)
    o Make lockd use daemonize() (Paul Mundt)
    o Fix aicasm to specify -I flags needed on some (Mads Jørgensen)
    o Add docbook manual on bus independant I/O (Matthew Wilcox)
    | + a few additional notes I added
    o Make the VIA superIO driver honour the (Tim Waugh)
    irq/dma settings passed
    o Update mpt fusion drivers (Steve Ralston)
    o Add reiserfs maintainer entries (Steven Cole)
    o Experimental driver for communcation class USB (Brad Hards)
    | eg Broadcom and Ericsson USB cable modems
    o I2O updates, report SMART errors on i2o_block (Boji Kannanthanam)
    o Fix shm locking, races on swapping, accounting (Stephen Tweedie)
    and swapout of already mapped pages
    o Clean up REPORTING-BUGS (Steven Cole)
    o Fix ACM handling of CLOCAL (Vojtech Pavlik)
    o Fix sparc64 module_map/vfree bug (Hugh Dickins)
    o Fix scsi race on requeued requests (Mark Hemment)
    o Tulip driver update (Jeff Garzik)
    o Update bmac and gmac driver (Cort Dougan)
    o Winbond w9966cf webcam parport driver (Jakob Kemi)

    o Merge Linus 2.4.3 final, diff versus 2.4.3 (me)

    Alan Cox <>
    Red Hat Kernel Hacker
    & Linux 2.2 Maintainer Brainbench MVP for TCP/IP

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:52    [W:0.044 / U:66.472 seconds]