SubjectRe: reiserfs+lndir problem [was: 2.4.4 SMP: spurious EOVERFLOW "Value too large for defined data type"]
Hi,

On Mon, 30 Apr 2001 21:03:47 -0400 Chris Mason <mason@suse.com> wrote:

> > Apparently it's a reiserfs/symlink problem.
> > I tried doing the lndir on an ext2 partition, sources still
> > on reiserfs. And it worked just fine!
>
> Neat, thanks for the extra details. Does that mean you can consistently
> repeat on reiserfs now? What happens when you do the lndir on reiserfs and
> diff the directories?

I just played around a bit with the following results:

sources on reiserfs, lndir on reiserfs -> make fails, diff ok
sources on reiserfs, lndir on ext2 -> make ok
sources on ext2, lndir on reiserfs -> make fails, diff ok

Doing the diff against a second copy of the tree shows no errors, too.
Always the same behaviour: You have to run lndir at least twice to
get the error. If the link tree was already set up after a boot, the
error occurs only after rm + lndir + rm + lndir.

There's a strange way to get things working just like after a reboot.
After diff'ing the link tree with the 2nd copy (both on reiserfs),
make World won't fail - at least once.

I also tried in the link tree:
find ! -type d -exec cat '{}' \; >/dev/null
And it seems to have the same effect as the diff.

> Any useful messages in /var/log/messages?

Nope, not any single message (except the usual ones).

The error on shutdown (when umounting /proc) appeared once again,
with the the same error message. Though I have no clue how that
could be related to reiserfs.

Two missed details: the reiserfs partion exists on a software
raid0 device. I configured glibc-2.2.3 with --enable-kernel=2.4.1.

Shall I try moving back to glibc-2.2.2 / configuring for lower kernel?

-- Daniel

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:52    [W:0.073 / U:0.076 seconds]