    SubjectRe: Cardbus conflicts...
    Evan Montgomery-Recht wrote:
    > About 2 years ago, I bought a IBM 600E laptop with one
    > of the IBM branded Xircom CardBUS cards. It took me
    > about a month (with the help of a lot of people with
    > simular machines) to figure out why the card would be
    > recognized, and even connect to the network, but could
    > never get a IP address from DHCP. It turned out that
    > the sound card which is a one of the CS based chips.
    > The fix that I found was that if I added the following
    > line to the /etc/pcmcia/config.opts The card would be
    > detected, and recognized, and get a IP address.
    > exclude ports 0x2f8-0x2ff

    What kernel are you running? You may need to go to for support, not there.

    For kernel 2.4, make sure you have the following options set, exactly as
    I present them, in your kernel .config file.

    # CONFIG_I82365 is not set

    Jeff Garzik | Disbelief, that's why you fail.
    Building 1024 |
    MandrakeSoft |

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:52    [W:0.022 / U:4.272 seconds]