    SubjectArchitecture-specific include files

    Something which came up in one of the hallway discussions at the
    kernelsummit was that a lot of the architecture maintainers would find
    it more convenient if the arch-specific header files were moved from
    include/asm-$ARCH to arch/$ARCH/include. Since we use a symlink _anyway_,
    no global changes to include statements are necessary, we'd merely need
    to change Makefile from

    rm -f include/asm
    ( cd include ; ln -sf asm-$(ARCH) asm)

    rm -f include/asm
    ( cd include ; ln -sf ../arch/$(ARCH)/include asm)

    Would anyone have a problem with this change? It'll make for a hell
    of a big patch from Linus, but it really will simplify the lives of the
    architecture maintainers.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:27    [W:0.051 / U:15.004 seconds]