SubjectRe: No 100 HZ timer !
Date
Jamie Lokier wrote:

> Alan Cox wrote:
>
> Except for cards which don't generate an irq on vsync but do let you see
> how the raster is proceeding. (I vaguely recall these). For which a
> PLL and, wait for it.... high resolution timer is needed.
>
> Perhaps that's a 1990s problem that doesn't need a 2000s solution though :-)

I think it would be wrong if we could not add new very usable features
to the system just because some old hardware doesn't support it.
(I also believe this was the original idea why XFree has no user
interface
for such important thing like VBI screen switch - because not all device
could provide such information)
I think those who use such old system probably don't need any
synchronized
video or game output - simply because it will not work in such system
anyway :)
so we should not worry about this.

kabi@i.am

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:25    [W:0.243 / U:0.072 seconds]