SubjectRe: EXT3 - freeze ups during disk writes
ahhhh... woops... every official kernel since ext3 made it into the
official tree, 2.4.14 if memory serves. I'm using gcc 2.95.3. And to
clarify the bug, say on a large disk write, the pause isn't constant,
it just pauses for a second every few seconds during the write. For
smaller writes, it will pause only once, I assume while performing the
actual write to disk.

Erik

On Fri, 30 Nov 2001, Mike Fedyk wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 01, 2001 at 12:47:19AM -0600, Erik Elmore wrote:
> > Ever since I started using ext3fs, whenever there is a disk write, the
> > kernel sucks up all of the CPU thereby preempting everything and causing
> > the PC to freeze momentarily. Could this possibly be caused by the
> > journaling code in ext3?
> >

> You really need to give kernel version, gcc version and what things were
> happening at the time.
>
> I can think of five different things that this general description has
> brought up.
>
> mf

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:13    [W:0.089 / U:0.244 seconds]