    SubjectRe: EXT3 - freeze ups during disk writes
    > You should elaborate more on the type of disks writes. Is this a write to a
    > single large file, a rename/delte of a large tree, ot generating of a lot of
    > files. Cause there is a difference in the meta data and data handling. both
    > where known to take too much time in different versions.

    It appears when writing a single large file such as downloading or copying
    a file, and also when I copy a large number of smaller files at once. I
    have noticed no performance hits when renaming or deleting a large number
    of files at once.

    Erik

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:13    [W:0.030 / U:29.660 seconds]