SubjectRe: EXT3 - freeze ups during disk writes
> You should elaborate more on the type of disks writes. Is this a write to a
> single large file, a rename/delte of a large tree, ot generating of a lot of
> files. Cause there is a difference in the meta data and data handling. both
> where known to take too much time in different versions.

It appears when writing a single large file such as downloading or copying
a file, and also when I copy a large number of smaller files at once. I
have noticed no performance hits when renaming or deleting a large number
of files at once.

Erik

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans