SubjectRe: nfs problem: hp|aix-server --- linux 2.4.15pre5 client

>> That's because the HP is returning a READDIR reply that is
>> larger than the buffer size we specified. When this happens, we
>> truncate the reply at the last valid record before the buffer
>> overflow, and print out the above message.

> Shouldn't the message then be "NFS: too large packet in readdir
> reply!" ?

8) Or 'NFS: truncated packet in readdir reply!', since that is what
NFS actually is returned by the RPC layer.

When we are sure that the code is stable, the whole message can go. It
is really just reporting a server error. As long as we handle it
correctly, there should be no need to churn out all these printks.

Cheers,
Trond

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:13    [W:0.055 / U:0.180 seconds]