    SubjectRe: Changed message for GPLONLY symbols
    Keith Owens writes:
    > When insmod detects a non-GPL module with unresolved symbols it
    > currently says:
    > Note: modules without a GPL compatible license cannot use GPLONLY_ symbols
    > I thought that hint was self-explanatory, obviously it was not clear.
    > Never underestimate the ability of lusers to misread a message. insmod
    > 2.4.12 will say
    > Hint: You are trying to load a module without a GPL compatible license
    > and it has unresolved symbols. The module may be trying to access
    > GPLONLY symbols but the problem is more likely to be a coding or
    > user error. Contact the module supplier for assistance.
    > Does anyone think that this message can be misunderstood by anybody
    > with the "intelligence" of the normal Windoze user?

    How about actually checking if the unresolved symbols are available in
    the GPLONLY area? That would allow you to be more precise.

    [Perhaps this has already been suggested: I haven't been paying

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:13    [W:0.023 / U:0.224 seconds]