Hi Linus,

On Tue, 19 Sep 2000, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> Do the above two fixes help? If not, I suspect that we're better off
> just reverting the new PCI bus allocation until it's fixed.

No, unfortunately they don't help at all, neither individually nor in
pair. So far, the only working case was replacing

!is_cardbus ->is_cardbus

but, of course, this is not a fix because I don't understand it. :(
I understand that simply treating cardbus bridges as PCI-PCI bridges does
not work (and actually verified it by trying) but can't say more - I know
nothing of cardbus bridges (or PCMCIA).

It would be a shame to revert back to old ways because we have something
working, we just don't understand why or what is the proper way to do
it...

Regards,
Tigran

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:45    [W:0.127 / U:0.280 seconds]