From: Malcolm Beattie [mailto:mbeattie@sable.ox.ac.uk]
Sent: Monday, September 18, 2000 3:22 AM
To: linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Availability of kdb

Marty Fouts writes:
> Here's another piece of free advice, worth less than you paid for it: in
25
> years, only the computer history trivia geeks are going to remember you,
> just as only a very small handful of us now remember who wrote OS/360.

You mean like Fred Brooks who managed the development of OS/360, had
some innovative ideas about how large software projects should be run,
whose ideas clashed with contemporary ones, who became a celebrity?
You don't spot any parallels there? He whose book "Mythical Man Month"
with "No Silver Bullet" and "The Second System Effect" are quoted
around the industry decades later? And you think that's only a small
handful of people?

--Malcolm

--
Malcolm Beattie <mbeattie@sable.ox.ac.uk>