SubjectRe: Booting into /bin/bash
Date
In article <00091121173500.17171@tabby> you wrote:

>>> That means you don't have a controlling tty.
>>
>>But why is /dev/console not a tty? Is there any good reason,
>>or is just "because nobody has done it"?

> Sometimes /dev/console is a printer, or an uninitialized
> tty being used as a printer (serial dot matrix printers make
> excellent trace logs).

Actually I think /dev/console is (at least if you dont use serial console)
only a alias for a virtual console, therefore it can send signals. I guess
the break char is simply not set to ^C. use stty to set break to ^c and then
save the settings to ioctl.save. This will be restored by init. Or if you
want to avoid init, set stty by hand.

Greetings
Bernd

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:41    [W:0.361 / U:0.232 seconds]