SubjectRe: NTFS-like streams?
Cesar Eduardo Barros <cesarb@nitnet.com.br> wrote:

>This discussion is looking like an year-old discussion we had in lkml before.
>
>I think that a streams-like structure can be created in userspace, and made a
>specification for a "libalbod" to manage it. But I buried the project after I
>noticed it was useless.
>
>So, here's the design for libalbod I made long ago. I'm not going to implement
>it, so feel free to make a sourceforge project out of it.
>
>--
>Cesar Eduardo Barros
>cesarb@nitnet.com.br
>cesarb@dcc.ufrj.br

I'm willing to give it a try as part of a suite of tools. I think this would go well with say a project to generalize esound to other sorts of streams (format agnostic of course).

I think what confuses people is the fact directories aren't implemented as
collections of files but indexes to files.

I'd say a separate mailing list may also be in order.

>[FIXME: s/exists/exists and is valid/ above]
>
>[FIXME: explain this mess better]

I'll try.

Thanks to Free Unices, we've crawled back UP to 70's.