SubjectRe: BUG REPORT : IPX (Novell) unstable work
> I try 2.4test4 with test5pre3 patch and find problems

Can you verify it with 2.4.0-test4 (or -test5-pre2) ? There
was change in -test5-pre3... I tested it with 8859-2 and UTF8
codepages, but maybe I screwed something. Can you show me
your fstab entry or ncpmount cmdline?

> 1. New kernel sometimes understand files with russian names as
> directories and directories with russian names as files in Novell volume.=
> But
> the others (in russian too) are recognized correctly (screenshots attache=
> d).

Strange. What namespaces you have loaded on server's volume? And
how you configured ncpfs options in kernel config? You should either
correctly configure Netware server with your codepage or use NFS namespace.
Otherwise server will use (in default config) CP437 for case insensitive
name compare. This can lead into fatal results.

Also, ncpfs in 2.2.x only upper/lowercased 'A'-'Z','a'-'z'. In 2.4.x
it correctly uppercases small russian 'z' to uppercase 'Z' and so on...
I'm almost sure that something of this causes your troubles.
Try 'ls -l' instead of KDE. Also try adding '-o ttl=10000' to
ncpmount cmdline.

> 2. It's strange conversion upper and low russian letters. If you
> compare two screenchots you can see that some directories under 2.4 becam=
> lowcase (from uppercase), some namese became uppercase from lowercase, an=
> d some
> does not changed.

Did not you select 'Lowercase DOS filenames' ?

> 3. It,s strange limitation of access to server. I login to Novell as
> supervisor, and as root to Linux. but you can see closed directiries.

What is it 'closed directiries' ?

> 4. In some Novell directories it normally go doun, but when your want to =
> move
> up by the tree, machihe hangs. Its no reaction both on ctrl-alt-backspac=
> (shutdown X session) or in ctrl-alt-del. Only hard reset is avaliable.
> In some Novell directories it is stable mistake (each attempt to gu up en=
> ded
> by hang). In other directories it is no problems. I can't detect any regu=
> larity.

Can you send me names of such directories? Preferrably as hex codes in
server encoding ('nwdir -v -t /dir/with/problems | od -t x1' and
'nwdir -v -t /dir/above/one/with/problems | od -t x1').

I'm using ncpfs everyday, either with 'codepage=cp852,iocharset=iso8859-2'
or with 'codepage=cp852,iocharset=utf8'.
Best regards,
Petr Vandrovec
vandrove@vc.cvut.cz

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:57    [W:0.040 / U:0.420 seconds]